Further Resources: Wrestling
- See the catalog description and more images of the vase with wrestlers.
- Read the 5th century B.C. playwright Aeschylus's reference to a wrestling-match's 3 falls in his Eumenides.
- Read the writer Pausanias's description of legally breaking an opponent's fingers in his 2nd century A.D. Description of Greece.
- See the site plan and more images of the palaestra at Olympia.
- Read the wrestling-quote from the 5th century B.C. comic playwright Aristophanes's Knights.
Go back to the wrestling page.
This exhibit is a subset of materials from the Perseus Project database and is copyrighted. Please send us your comments.