|Summary:||Temple-like building; in the southern half of the Sanctuary of Apollo, northwest of the point where the Sacred Way 1st curves and ascends to the northeast.|
|Date:||510 BC - 480 BC|
6.68 m x 9.75 m.
Small Doric building with cella opening east onto a pronaos, distyle in antis.
Built by the Athenians after 490 B.C. with spoils form the Battle of Marathon. The walls are covered with inscriptions, including hymns to Apollo with musical notation. The treasury rests on a triangular terrace but had no steps and was not meant to be regularly entered. The building replaces an older Treasury of the Athenians of unknown plan. The extant Treasury was re-erected in 1904-1906, and more than 80 percent of the material is from the original building.