|Summary:||The southernmost of the east group of temples at Selinus, this is a Doric temple probably dedicated to Hera.|
|Date:||ca. 490 BC - ca. 470 BC|
68.72 x 25.33
This is hexastyle peripteral with 15 columns to the side, probably set within a temenos, as suggested by a recently discovered wall. Its plan comprises pronaos, cella, adyton, and opisthodomos in antis.
Four of the metopes were discovered in 1831. Toppled by an earthquake, its colonnades were recontructed in 1958.
In the adyton stands the base for the cult statue of the patron deity, probably Hera. The pronaos frieze carried sculptural metopes, four of which are in the Palermo Museum.