Statistics for occurrence #1 of “U. S. A.” in chapter 98 of Rebellion Record: a Diary of American Events: Documents and Narratives, Volume 2.:
8. H. R. Jackson, Ga., late Minister to Austria.
9. Barnard E. Bee, S. C., Capt. Inft. U. S. A.
10. Nathan G. Evans, S. C., Major Inft. U. S. A.
11. John B. Magruder,, Va., Major Art. U. S. A.
12. Wm. J. Hardee, Ga., Lieut.-Col. Cav. U. S. A.
13. Benj. Huger, S. C., Major Ordnance U. S. A.
14. Robert S. Garnett, Va., Major Inft. U. S. A.
There have been other appointments made...
† This entity has been selected by the automated classifier as the most likely match in this context. It may or may not be the correct match.