Statistics for occurrence #1 of “U. S. A.” in chapter 98 of Rebellion Record: a Diary of American Events: Documents and Narratives, Volume 2.:
9. Barnard E. Bee, S. C., Capt. Inft. U. S. A.
10. Nathan G. Evans, S. C., Major Inft. U. S. A.
11. John B. Magruder,, Va., Major Art. U. S. A.
12. Wm. J. Hardee, Ga., Lieut.-Col. Cav. U. S. A.
13. Benj. Huger, S. C., Major Ordnance U. S. A.
14. Robert S. Garnett, Va., Major Inft. U. S. A.
There have been other appointments made, but they are not yet known outside of the War Off...
† This entity has been selected by the automated classifier as the most likely match in this context. It may or may not be the correct match.