Statistics for occurrence #1 of “U. S. A.” in chapter 98, page 297 of Rebellion Record: a Diary of American Events: Documents and Narratives, Volume 2.:
.... S. A.
7. Henry A. Wise, Va., late Gov. of Va.
8. H. R. Jackson, Ga., late Minister to Austria.
9. Barnard E. Bee, S. C., Capt. Inft. U. S. A.
10. Nathan G. Evans, S. C., Major Inft. U. S. A.
11. John B. Magruder,, Va., Major Art. U. S. A.
12. Wm. J. Hardee, Ga., Lieut.-Col. Cav. U. S. A.
13. Benj. Huger, S. C., Major Ordnance U. S. A.
14. Robert S. Garnett, Va., Major Inft. ...
† This entity has been selected by the automated classifier as the most likely match in this context. It may or may not be the correct match.