Statistics for occurrence #1 of “John Runey” in chapter 1 of Historic leaves, volume 8, April, 1909 - January, 1910:
In 1849 a Hanneman tub was purchased by the town, and the department was organized with Nathan Tufts as its first chief engineer.
He was followed by Abram Welch, Robert A. Vinal, and John Runey .
A small bell was hung in the cupola of the engine house.
For years, even after the Somerville company was organized, an alarm of fire could be rung only by means of this bell.
For years, als...
||0 user votes
† This entity has been selected by the automated classifier as the most likely match in this context. It may or may not be the correct match.