Statistics for occurrence #1 of “Mr. Joseph James” in chapter 1 of Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 6.:
...re often taken, salted, and shipped south.
A few shad were captured in this way.
Joseph and Milton James, before 1845, had a lumber yard on Main street, at the southwest corner of the bridge.
Mr. Joseph James lived just south of the yard, where Ames' paint shop, No. 49 Main street, stands.
About 1845, the Messrs.
James sold their property here and removed their business to the Branch Canal, near Swan...
† This entity has been selected by the automated classifier as the most likely match in this context. It may or may not be the correct match.