Browsing named entities in The Daily Dispatch: June 30, 1862., [Electronic resource]. You can also browse the collection for 15th or search for 15th in all documents.

Your search returned 2 results in 2 document sections:

Important from Europe.foreign mediation in Americanaffairs.debate in the British Parliaments.Butler's infamous proclamationdenounced. of the French and Englishpress.&c. &c., &c. By the arrival of the steamers Etna, Bremen, and Arabia we have news from Europe as late as the 15th inst. American affairs continued to occupy a large share of public attention in England and France, and the detailed accounts which we subjoin will be perused with much interest: British trade in War Contrabands. The crew steamer Columbia, reported to have warlike stores on board designed for the rebels, left Plymouth Sound on the 9th, bound for Nassau. Two other steamers had also arrived at Plymouth, believed to be intended for the same destination.--Their names are the Merrimac and the Sylph. The D. Fleming with a cargo of turpentine, basin and fifteen bales of cotton, from Charleston, had arrived at Liverpool. She left Charleston on the 5th of May, in company with the Louisa, for Barcelon
The Daily Dispatch: June 30, 1862., [Electronic resource], Insurrection Among the Mormons in Utah. (search)
habeas corpus was issued by Chief Justice Kinly, which was treated with contempt. --A sufficient time having elapsed for producing the prisoners, a second writ, together with an order for the arrest of Morris for contempt, and for the arrest of the leaders of the gang for false imprisonment, was issued. For the execution of this a posse of 250 infantry and artillery was ordered out on the 11th by Acting Governor Fuller. Morris and his men were strongly entrenched and thoroughly armed. Fighting ensued. Two of the Marshal's posse were killed. On the 15th the rebel pretended to surrender, but resisted anew as soon as our attacking party approached. In a hand-to-hand fight Morris was killed and another leader mortally wounded. The rebels were then overcome. Several women and children were killed during the siege, the Morrisitea refusing to remove them to a place of safety. The prisoners captured number one hundred and forty-seven, and will be brought to Court to-morrow.