Browsing named entities in John D. Billings, The history of the Tenth Massachusetts battery of light artillery in the war of the rebellion. You can also browse the collection for March 24th or search for March 24th in all documents.

Your search returned 4 results in 4 document sections:

Herring reported for quarters. Holbrook reported for duty. March 21. Lieut. Armitage started on furlough for Washington and Boston yesterday. J. W. Thayer reported for stable duty. Hanson, White, Newton, reported for quarters. March 22. Endicott, Herring, Chase, White, Newton, and Prince reported for duty; Ring reported for quarters. March 23. Corporal Conant (Currant)? returned from furlough. Ham, Thayer and Prince reported for quarters. Hiram P. Ring reported for duty. March 24. Brooks, Hanson, Barker and Norton sent to General Hospital, Washington, D. C. Han reported for duty. Corporal Stevens to quarters. March 26. Prince and Corporal Stevens returned to duty. Capt. Sleeper started for Washington on business. March 27. Received notice of R. B. Wendall's discharge Feb. 24. Prince returned to quarters. March 30. Prince reported for duty. Lt. Armitage returned and reported for duty. March 31. Serg't. Harrington started on 10 days furlough to Bos
g't P. T. Woodfin discharged for promotion by S. O. No. 113 War Dept. March 20. L. Ham and H. B. Beals reported to duty. Michael B. O'Neil released from arrest. March 21. Michael Haley reported for duty. Francis Loham and H. B. Beals reported to quarters. Two horses shot, by order of Maj. Vanderberg. March 22. Corp. Burnham C. Clark reported to quarters. March 23. Bugler John E. Mugford reported for duty. James Peach, M. M. Pierce and Asa Richardson reported to quarters. March 24. Jos. Sheridan sent to General Hospital, Washington. March 25. Corp'l B. C. Clark and H. B. Beals reported for duty. Artificer A. D. Bacon, W. Y. Gross and C. A. Mason reported to quarters. March 26. Asa Richardson reported to duty, L. E. Hunt reported to quarters. Charles Slack absent without leave. March 27. James Peach and A. D. Bacon reported to duty also P. T. Hill and Michael Campbell. March 28. C. A. Mason reported to duty; J. W. Wilson reported to quarters. March
ve been connected for four years. Intimately acquainted with you for the whole period of your services I congratulate you upon your military record with the hope of seeing you at no distant day giving a practical helping hand to those who are still striving to put down the Rebellion. Sincerely your friend, Alexr. S. Webb, Bv't Major General, Chief of Staff, A. P. About the middle of March orders came to be ready to move at short notice, and to turn in one section of the Battery. March 24th a corps review was held, and sutlers and non-combatants generally were ordered to City Point. We were now on the tiptoe of expectation. Sherman was marching northward by rapid stages, and great events were discernible in the near future. We did not look forward to the opening of the spring campaign with so much dread as we felt a year before, for two reasons,—first, because we had since become thoroughly seasoned by what was indisputably the hardest year's campaigning of the war; and
Gen. Grant, he was greeted with the applause we were now hearing. Cheer after cheer marked his progress through the old ranks that had supported him so gallantly. With Gen. Sheridan in Lee's Last Campaign. Morning reports. 1865. March 21. Lieut. Geo. M. Townsend on 20 days leave of absence to visit Boston. March 22. Twenty horses received from Q. M. Dep't, Art'y Brigade, Second Corps. March 23. Corps review by Maj. Gen. Humphreys. Private James Lee reported to quarters. March 24. Private Edwin A. Hill returned from General Hospital. March 25. Packed up at 8 A. M.; 89 rounds of ammunition expended in action near Hatcher's Run (77 rounds of Hotchkiss Case shell and 12 rounds of Hotchkiss Percussion). March 26. Q. M. Serg't Wm. H. Fitzpatrick and Private Timothy Nowell returned from furloughs. March 27. Private Charles Fiske returned front General Hospital at City Point. March 28. Two guns turned over to J. P. Farley, eighteen horses to E. J. Strang. One