sts and Presbyterians.
In 1734 the latter separated and commenced worship in a new wooden edifice, on the site of the present "Scotch Church." The pulpit has been filled for a period of 175 years, by seventeen pastors, commencing with the Rev. Messrs. Pierpont, Adams, and Cotton, in the latter fifteen years of the 17th century, and followed by the Rev. Stobo, Livingston, Bassett, Parker, Smith, Edmonds, Hutson, Bennett, Thomas, Tenent, Hollingshead, Keith, Palmer, and Post.
On the 25th May, 1806. the new building was opened for the first time, with appropriate religious exercises.
The new building was circular in form, and 88 feet in diameter.
In 1838 the addition of a lofty spire, 182 feet high, added to the appearance of the building.
A few years since, the Church was entirely renovated, at an expense of $20,000, rendering it one of the most beautiful and consistently arranged of our city places of worship.
The numerous tablets were re set — the old fashioned pulpit ga