C. Hall, Shepherd Brooks and the rector as a building committee.
The parish took possession of the new stone church on Advent Sunday, 1868.
Mr. Learoyd resigned his rectorship at Easter, 1872, and became rector of St. Thomas Church, Taunton.
He was elected treasurer of the diocese of Massachusetts in 1873, which office he now (1901) holds.
He resigned from St. Thomas Parish in July, 1895, and accepted the rectorship of Emmanuel Church, Wakefield, January 15, 1896.
On the fifteenth of September, 1872, the Rev. Charles Lewis Hutchins entered upon the rectorship of the parish.
Mr. Hutchins was born in Corcord, New Hampshire, in 1838, of George and Sarah Rolfe Tucker Hutchins.
His great-grandfather, Gordon Hutchins, fought as a captain with the Continental troops at Bunker Hill, and was afterward breveted colonel.
Mr. Hutchins graduated from Williams College in 1861, and spent a year in a voyage around the world.
His theological studies were pursued at the General Theologica