not adapted to its needs.
The larger portion of the worshipers were residents of Medford, and it was their decision that the church should be located within the bounds of Medford to accommodate the community that was growing up in the vicinity of Tufts square. On February 24, 1888, the church voted to buy a lot of land on Marion street, where its present home is located.
The Prudential Committee, consisting of Alexander Robertson, N. P. Richardson, Thomas Patterson, Joseph F. Hosford, Samuel Armstrong, J. C. Davidson and J. G. Thompson purchased the lot for $425. They were authorized to act as a building committee, with full power to make contract for a house of worship.
On April 20, 1888, this committee reported that it had contracted to build a church edifice fifty feet by thirty feet, to be constructed of wood, on Marion street, during the summer of 1888.
The church ratified the action of its committee and work was at once begun on the building.
This decision to build was not