hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Historic leaves, volume 2, April, 1903 - January, 1904 5 1 Browse Search
Historic leaves, volume 4, April, 1905 - January, 1906 4 0 Browse Search
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 4. 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 11 results in 4 document sections:

Historic leaves, volume 2, April, 1903 - January, 1904, Charlestown Schools in the 18th century. (search)
the services of Samuel Heymond, Esq., Capt. Samuel Phipps, and Mr. Joseph Whittemore, ‘who are to enquire of Mr. Battle and the fellows of the College concerning Mr. Wissell, whether he was a fitt man to be a schoolmaster for this town.’ These gentlemen reported, January 10, 1705, ‘that all gave incoridgment & declare their opinion that as to Mr. Wissell's Learning & other qualifications he was a fitt person for sd work.’ This report was accepted, and these three gentlemen, along with Mr. Ebenezer Austin as a fourth, were authorized, any two of them, to treat with Mr. Wissell for a term of six months. Peleg Wiswell (Wiswall) was the son of Rev. Ichabod and Priscilla (Peabody) Wiswall, and was born February 5, 1684, at Duxbury, where his father was ordained and settled. He graduated from Harvard in 1702, and died in 1767. A printed genealogy of the Wiswall family may be consulted. If we remember rightly, he taught many years in the North End School, Boston. March 4, 1706. I
Amoskeag, Locks of50 Andersonville, Ga.23 Andros, Sir Edmund38 Appleton,—, Cross Street44 Arlington, Mass.15 Army of the Potomac, The23 Arnold, General Benedict86 Arnold, Mrs. Lilla E.76 Atlantic Monthly, The6 Auburn Ave., Somerville44 Austin, Ebenezer61 Ayer, John F.42, 77, 80, 85, 93 Ayers, George W.12, 23 Ayers, John22, 23 Ayers, Sally D.23 Ayers, Sally (Page)22, 23 Ayers, William22, 23 Bacon, Mrs. E. A. Lathrop8, 9, 10, 25 Bacon, Mrs. E. A. Lathrop, Poems of9 Bacon, Rev. istorian92, 97 Barberry Lane42 Barrell, Joseph53 Barrett, Samuel, Jr., Schoolmaster, 172065 Bartlett's Address, 181360 Bateman,—62 Bates, Gov. John L., Address by77, 78, 86, 87, 92, 93 Bay State Colony, The14 Bedford, Mass.52 Belknap, Hon. Austin100, 101 Belknap, John100 Belknap, Robert W.101 Belknap, Ruth (Fay)100 Bell, Dr. Luther V.2 Berlin, Germany11 Bernon, Gabriel12 Billerica, Mass.52, 54 Billerica Bridge54 Billerica Mills55 Binney, Captain Martin22, 23 Binney, Sally (A<
Alger, Israel, 67, 68. American First Class Book, 101. American Tube Works, 8. Andrews, Abraham, A. B., 68. 69, 70. Antigua, 23. Anti-slavery Society, 26. Arlington, Mass., 5, 14, 65. Atonement, The, 2. Augusta, Ga., 27, 34. Austin, Mrs., 83, 84. Austin, Ebenezer, 87. Austin, Elizabeth, 87. Austin, Elizabeth (White), 88. Austin, John, 84. Austin, Joseph, 88. Austin, Josiah, 84. Austin, Rebecca, 84, 88. Austin Street, Somerville, 99. Austin, Thankful (Benjamin), 87Austin, Ebenezer, 87. Austin, Elizabeth, 87. Austin, Elizabeth (White), 88. Austin, John, 84. Austin, Joseph, 88. Austin, Josiah, 84. Austin, Rebecca, 84, 88. Austin Street, Somerville, 99. Austin, Thankful (Benjamin), 87. Austin, Thomas, 84. Austin, William, 64. Auxiliary Educational League, 2. Babcock, Henry H., 10. Back Street, Charlestown, 84, 87. Balfour, Rev., Walter, 90. Baltimore, Md., 27. Bangor, Me., 25. Banks, General, 53, 54. Barrett, Mr., 99. Bartlett, Catherine, 39. Bartlett, Dr., 68, 69. Bartlett, Henry, 93, 95. Bartlett, George, 39, 44, 64, 66. Bartlett, Josiah, 42, 63, 65. Bartlett, Hon., Josiah, 39, 65. Bartlett, Samuel, 97. Baton Rouge, 53. Beacon Street. Boston, 27.
ecord of land laid out in Charlestown bounds on this side of the Menotomie's River (being called the Stinted Pasture) unto the Proprietors thereof, according to a vote of theirs passed when convened together, March 10th 1684-5. To John Foule, Fourteen Acres, through which is laid a Highway to the Ford, and a Highway by the upper side of the Bridge to the River, said land bounded westnortherly and northeasterly by Mistick River: eastsoutherly by the Highway and Farm: southwesterly by Ebenezer Austin: and westnortherly by a Rangeway. The parcel of land above described was situated — n both sides of what is now South street and west of Main street. It included all the land between South street and the river, on the north and south, and between Main street and the fording place on the east and west, except one-half an acre on the corner of Main and South streets, a portion of which is now occupied by the brick engine house of the Fire Department. The highway to the river was laid