These were Professor Charles Eliot Norton, Professor Goodwin, Professor Smith, at the time Dean of Harvard College, Professor Child, Professor Byerly, Professor James Mills Peirce, Miss Mason and Henry Lee Higginson, Esq., of Boston, and Joseph B. Warner, Esq., of Cambridge, who had previously acted as Treasurer.
There have been five other additions to the corporation since 1882. Mrs. Henry Whitman was chosen in 1886, Miss Agnes Invin in 1894, Professor John Chipman Gray, Miss Annie Leland Barber and Miss Mary Coes in 1895.
The two members last mentioned were graduates and had been nominated by the alumnae.
Miss Coes had been assistant to the Secretary for a number of years.
She is now Secretary.
At the time of the incorporation, in 1882, Mrs. Agassiz was chosen President and she began to take a more active part in the work and life of the students.
She gave up one afternoon in the week to a social meeting with them at Fay House, the building which was bought in 1885 as