hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six: a picture of the city and its industries fifty years after its incorporation (ed. Arthur Gilman) 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

nd carved work have been made here, and erected in Mount Auburn and other prominent cemeteries in the United States. The works are located opposite Mount Auburn Cemetery entrance. The Connecticut steam-stone Co., incorporated April 3, 1893, with a paid — up capital of ten thousand dollars, is located on First Street, East Cambridge, and is a branch of the Connecticut Steam Brown-Stone Company of Portland, Conn., the largest stone-cutting and milling establishment in the country. E. Irving Bell, of Portland, is president; J. David Renton, treasurer; and George Everett, general manager. Their business is that of treating building-stone. Since their location in Cambridge they have invested thirty thousand dollars in the plant for stone cutting and finishing, and have been awarded contracts for such buildings as the Salem and West Newton High Schools, Lowell Court-House and State Normal School. They employ from one hundred and twenty to one hundred and forty men. John J. Hor