by its fall.
To the city of Troy, N. Y., it was sent to the hotter fires of the bell foundry.
After eighteen months absence it came back and was placed in the tower of the new house of worship.
On one side, near the crown, is the name—
Meneely Bell Co., Troy, N. Y., 1904. and on the opposite (eastward)—
We went through fire and through water, but Thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.
Oh, come let us worship and bow down.
Let us kneel before Jehovah, our Maker.—Psalms 66: 2he key of E. Mr. Curtis grasped the rope, gave a few vigorous pulls, and resigned it to the ringer to finish the duty of the time.
The brief service in the tower was a fitting prelude to the morning worship and dedication of the Curtis Memorial Bell, which came from Meneely's foundry and bears the inscription
Presented to the First Baptist Church, Medford, by Elisha B. Curtis, 1906 In memory of His Father, Asa F. Curtis, His Mother, Achsah L. Curtis, His Sister, Mary Curtis Breed, His Wi<