Your search returned 51 results in 13 document sections:

1 2
for £ 660, five hundred acres in Meadford, now in possession of Thomas Shepherd, Daniel Markham, Thomas Willows, (Willis); bounded by Charlestown northerly, Mistick River southerly, Mr. Wade's land easterly, and Brooks's and Wheeler's lands westerly. March 29, 1675: Ed. Collins sells a piece of land to Daniel Markham; bounded by the river on the south, by Joshua Brooks on the west and north, and by Caleb Hubbard on the east. Jan. 3, 1676: Ed. Collins sells thirty acres of land to George Blanchard. Ed. Collins was now seventy-three years old. The Blanchard farm was a large one, and is frequently mentioned in the records. Mr. Nicholas Davison, the mercantile agent of Mr. Cradock, and who lived near Mr. Wade, petitioned the General Court, in the name of Mrs. Cradock, for £ 676, which she said was due to her estate. The Court replied, that the government were never concerned in Mr. Cradock's adventure, and therefore could not allow any such claim. Another attempt was made i
ng of him.  £s.d. Maj. Nathaniel Wade164 John Whitmore068 Stephen Hall, jun.075 Eliezer Wier058 John Bradstreet076 John Man010 Lieut. Peter Tufts1510 Ens. Stephen Francis0168 Serg. John Bradshaw0115 Mr. Thomas Willis0176 Nathaniel Hall054 John Francis0126 John Hall, jun.086 Jonathan Tufts01910 Stephen Willis, jun.068 Stephen Hall, sen.066 Serg. Stephen Willis114 Ebenezer Brooks0178 Samuel Brooks01010 Mr. Richard Rookes070 Mrs. Elizabeth Wade0189 Parcill Hall066 George Blanchard036 Jacob Shepherd0130 Nathaniel Peirce026 James Tufts045 Timothy Prout016 Mr. Thomas Swan018 John Tufts024 Mr. Joseph Prout0010 Francis Whitmore040 Benjamin Marble026 James Wright026 William Merroe026 Thomas Miler026 Mathew Miler025 William Walden026 Thomas Clark026 Peter Seccomb026 Eben. Brooks his man020 Benjamin Peirce020 Samuel Stone020 William Paten020 Mr. Jonathan Dunster018 Mr. John Hall1110 The warrant issued to the constable empowered that functionar
Corrigenda. Page 41.Samuel Cradock was clerk of Thissleton, not elder of Chapleton. Page 502.There is evidently an error in the record of George Blanchard's death. The date probably refers to his father, or other relative. Page 506.Thomas Brooks had lot assigned 1634, not 1631. Page 506.Hannah, second wife of Caleb Brooks (No. 1-3), was born March 5, 1644. Page 518.John Hall (No. 2-10) married Jemima, daughter of Captain Joseph Sill. Page 519.Percival Hall was not representative to Provincial Congress, as he died twenty-two years previously. Page 538.Mr. Savage declines the responsibility of more than the early part of the record of the Royalls. Page 538.The wife of Isaac Royall (No. 2-5) was buried from the house of Dr. Oliver, at Dorchester; which strengthens the probability of her first marriage. He had a daughter Elizabeth, born 1741; died July 9, 1747. Page 538.Colonel Royall (No. 5-11) had a daughter, who married George Erving, of Boston. He (Colonel R.) die
s, 310. Avey, 43. Baldwin, 19, 20. Ballard family, 501. Baptist Society, 271. Bellevue, 54. Berry, 36, 43. Betts, 37. Bigelow, 249, 308. Birdue family, 501. Bishop family, 501. Bishop, 36, 49, 54, 95, 110, 336. Blanchard family, 502. Blanchard, 36. Blaney, 44. Boylston, 506. Bradbury, 36. Bradshaw family, 504. Bradshaw, 36, 65, 103, 329, 335, 431, 478, 526. Bradstreet, 28, 37, 97, 103, 482, 504, 544, 558. Brickmaking, 355. Bridges, 59Blanchard, 36. Blaney, 44. Boylston, 506. Bradbury, 36. Bradshaw family, 504. Bradshaw, 36, 65, 103, 329, 335, 431, 478, 526. Bradstreet, 28, 37, 97, 103, 482, 504, 544, 558. Brickmaking, 355. Bridges, 59, 72. Brook, Whitmore's, Marble, &c., 9. Brooks family, 506. Brooks, 19, 29, 34, 36, 43, 49, 51, 53, 55, 65, 72, 106, 109, 112, 114, 126, 127, 161, 164, 185, 197, 225, 255, 265, 285, 307, 315, 411, 545, 563, 569, 570. Brown, 509. Brude, 87. Buel, 51. Bugbe, 36. Bunker, 43. Burden, 36. Burgess, 441. Burying-grounds, 425. Call, 36. Chadwick, 509. Chairmen, Board of Selectmen, 126. Child, 315. Chubb, 509. Clark, 509. Cleaveland, 509. Clough, 5
posterity succeeded him. He had w. Martha in 1665, and w. Mary in 1673. His chil. were John, b. 10 Mar. 1665-6; Martha, b. 2 Nov. 1667, m. John Comey of Concord 21 June 1688; William, b. 10 Oct. 1669; George, b. prob. 1671; Daniel, b. 12 Aug. 1673; Hannah, b. prob. 1674, m. Joseph Peirce 21 Dec. 1692; Elizabeth, b. prob. 1676, m. Thomas Rugg; Mary, b. 24 June 1678, m. Joseph Fassett; David, b. 6 Oct. 1680; Eleanor, b. 24 Feb. 1682-3; m. William Burgess; Sarah, b. 18 Mar. 1684-5, m. George Blanchard; Joseph, b. 16 Aug. 1687; Benjamin, b. 16 Aug. 1690; Susanna, bap. with the three last preceding 28 Feb. 1698-9, and prob. d. young. Of these fourteen children, all except the last named were living 14 Nov. 1716, the date of their father's will. William the f. d. 27 Jan. 1717, a. 92, according to the inscription on his gravestone. By another inscription of like nature, it appears that he had a third wife, Elizabeth, formerly wife of Edward Wyer; she d. 14 Dec. 1714, a. 79. 2. Joh
posterity succeeded him. He had w. Martha in 1665, and w. Mary in 1673. His chil. were John, b. 10 Mar. 1665-6; Martha, b. 2 Nov. 1667, m. John Comey of Concord 21 June 1688; William, b. 10 Oct. 1669; George, b. prob. 1671; Daniel, b. 12 Aug. 1673; Hannah, b. prob. 1674, m. Joseph Peirce 21 Dec. 1692; Elizabeth, b. prob. 1676, m. Thomas Rugg; Mary, b. 24 June 1678, m. Joseph Fassett; David, b. 6 Oct. 1680; Eleanor, b. 24 Feb. 1682-3; m. William Burgess; Sarah, b. 18 Mar. 1684-5, m. George Blanchard; Joseph, b. 16 Aug. 1687; Benjamin, b. 16 Aug. 1690; Susanna, bap. with the three last preceding 28 Feb. 1698-9, and prob. d. young. Of these fourteen children, all except the last named were living 14 Nov. 1716, the date of their father's will. William the f. d. 27 Jan. 1717, a. 92, according to the inscription on his gravestone. By another inscription of like nature, it appears that he had a third wife, Elizabeth, formerly wife of Edward Wyer; she d. 14 Dec. 1714, a. 79. 2. Joh
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 1., Literal copy of Births, deaths, and Marriages in Medford from earliest records. (search)
s was Borne June 24: 1692 William hall sone of John & Jemina Hall was Borne October 22: 1692 Samuell Tufts sone of Peter Tufts & mercy his wife dyed June 5: 1693 Amos Woodward sone of Daniell & Elizibeth woodward borne June 11 mercy Blanchard daughter George Blanchard & Sarah his 1693 wife borne november 5 1693 Stephen Hall sone of Stephen hall & Grace his wife borne november 10: 1693 Thomas ffox sone of Isack Fox and Abigaill his wife born February 11 169 3/4 John Bradshoe sone George Blanchard & Sarah his 1693 wife borne november 5 1693 Stephen Hall sone of Stephen hall & Grace his wife borne november 10: 1693 Thomas ffox sone of Isack Fox and Abigaill his wife born February 11 169 3/4 John Bradshoe sone of John Bradshoe & mary his wife Borne July 8: 1694 Caleb Brooks sone of Ebenezer Brooks and Abigaill his wife Borne October 16: 1694 Rebekah Tufts daughter of Jonathan Tufts & Rebekah his wife born Sebtember 5th: 1694 John Willis sone of John Willis and hester his wife born October 10th 1694 John Willis sone of John Willis and hester his wife dyed October 4th William Hall sone of John Hall and Jemina his wife 1694 dyed November 1: William Hall sone of John Hall and Jemina his
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 6., The Lawrence Light Guard.—Continued. (search)
——, after coming to New England, his second wife having died on the passage over. Four of his sons came to this country. He died on his farm in Charlestown, May 21, 1654; his widow died at Noddle's Island, now East Boston, in 1676. II. George Blanchard had two wives and ten children; lived on one-half of the farm inherited from his father, and died there March 18, 1700, aged 84. His gravestone is in the Medford burying ground. III. Joseph Blanchard, eldest son of George Blanchard, by George Blanchard, by his first wife, was born in 1654; married Hannah, daughter of Thomas Shepard of Charlestown, April 13, 1681. He had seven children, and died in Charlestown, on the Blanchard Farm, October 24, 1694, aged 40. His gravestone is in the Medford burying ground. IV. Aaron Blanchard, twin son of Joseph and Hannah (Shepard), was born March 4, 1690; married Sarah——; had twelve children; died at Medford, September 30, 1769 (?) V. Aaron Blanchard, Jr., son of Aaron and Sarah ——, was born in M
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 7., Some old Medford houses and estates. (search)
e creek between it and Meadford farm; northeasterly on land of George Blanchard; southerly on land of the said Nathaniel; and northwesterly, partly on a pine swamp, and partly on pasture land of George Blanchard. Here we have the exact date of the erection of the house, now known aton farm house, as the above description of the land upon which Mr. Blanchard built his house is the same land upon which the old farm house of the Cradock grant, and was sold by Mr. Edward Collins to Mr. George Blanchard. This lot of land is known by the name of the stump marsh awamp, with 4 1/2 acres of upland sold by the said Collins to Mr. George Blanchard. The above described line is shown upon the map. Mr. Rt of the upland and one-fourth part of the meadow lying next to Mr. Blanchard's farm, and farthest from the dwelling house. Jonathan Wade,dwelling house and barn with twenty acres of land lying next to Mr. Blanchard's farm was not included in this sale. Captain Peter Tufts was
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 9., The Bradburys of Medford and their ancestry. (search)
es of Medford. That point of land known to us as Wellington in the southeastern part of Medford, lying between the Mystic and Malden rivers was a portion of a grant of two hundred acres of land given by the General Court, April 1, 1634, to Rev. John Wilson, first pastor of the church in Boston, which he sold to Thomas Blanchard of Braintree, February 12, 1650, for two hundred pounds. At the death of Thomas Blanchard the farm was divided between two of his sons, and the house built by George Blanchard in 1657 is still standing, at present owned by Mrs. Evelyn L., wife of Arthur W. Wellington. A second house was built, but in 1795 only the original one remained. After various changes the Blanchard heirs sold their interests to Jabez Bradbury of Saint Georges River, County of York, in the Province of Massachusetts Bay, in New England, in 1756. Samuel Blanchard, Jr., of Malden, conveyed to him for two hundred pounds, twenty-one sacres of land more or less in Malden, with dwelling hou
1 2