Your search returned 11 results in 3 document sections:

ams, June 27, 1827, who d. Mar. 13, 1837, aged 35. He m., 2d, Charlotte Ann Haven Lord, Aug. 1, 1839. Has by first wife--  56-81Elizabeth Albree.   Charles John, d. June 8, 1833, aged 1 year.  82Charles Wolcott, b. Oct. 1, 1833. 46-74Isaac Austin Brooks m. Sarah W. Hill, April 25, 1846, and had--  74-83Frederic Cornwell, b. Feb. 16, 1847.  84Alfred Austin, b. Sept. 1, 1848.  85Mary Isabel b. Apr. 21, 1852.  86Edward Corliss, b. Jan. 22, 1854. 13-26Elizabeth Brooks m. Rev. Jacob Burna 77Abigail, b. Apr. 15, 1725; m.----Fitch.  78James, b. Apr. 17, 1727; d. Aug. 20, 1729.  79Sarah, b. Dec. 1, 1729; d. Nov. 28, 1792.  80Benjamin, b. Jan. 27, 1731.  81James, b. Apr. 8, 1733; d. Nov. 8, 1763.  82Anna, b. Mar. 17, 1735; m.----Brooks.  83Richard, b. Nov. 12, 1737.  84Isaac, b. Jan. 24, 1739.  85Josiah, b. Jan. 11, 1741; d. May 1, 1743.  86Josiah, b. Oct. 17, 1744.  87Ebenezer, b. May 31, 1748; d. Mar. 21, 1835.  88Enoch, b. Oct. 30, 1749; d. Apr. 2, 1750.
uilding, only the shape of the roof being visible from the street, making a structure over a hundred feet in length, as well as over a hundred years old. At its erection it commanded a view of wide expanse, and its land extended westward some three hundred feet, while an equal amount (or more) of land lay opposite on High street. Through these areas, in very recent years, have been built Wolcott and other streets and numerous residences. To this house came, in 1893, the widow of Isaac Austin Brooks (cousin of the historian), Mrs. Sarah Warner Brooks, who spent there the remainder of her life. An account of her may be found in Medford Past and Present, page 45. She was author of A Garden with a House Attached, which may be found in the Public Library. Its first chapter has a graphic description of the various walks and paths of the extensive grounds, and mentions the trees of various kinds, many of which were early planted by the historian and cheered his declining days. In s
to go about his work for normal schools. Here he wrote his History of Medford, and spent his last days. Here also was the home of Sarah Warner Brooks (Mrs. Isaac Austin Brooks), the author of various books, one of which, The Garden with a House Attached, describes the old mansion and its then extensive grounds, now so much tran with its two pillars. They were relics of the third meeting-house which (on the site of the present Unitarian church) was taken down in 1839, and according to Mr. Brooks' historical item (p. 494) supported the old meeting-house gallery. We are told that they are still preserved by one of the Brooks family. A part of this BroBrooks estate lay on the other side of High street and had at its border the same growth of lilacs which gave the place that distinguishing name. Across this tract Austin street and Wolcott park have been built, and numerous dwellings of one-family type erected. These are of varying styles, from bungalow to those of two-story and s