hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register 1 1 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 1 result in 1 document section:

Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register, Chapter 16: ecclesiastical History. (search)
y as Sept. 1, 1866; the whole house was completed in Dec. 1867, and was consecrated Oct. 2, 1873. The several Rectors of the Church have been as follows: Rev. Darius-Richmond Brewer, from Dec. 4, 1842, to June 9, 1844; Rev. Edmund-Farwell Slafter, D. C. 1840, from July 21, 1844, to Sept. 30, 1846; Rev. Moses-Payson Stickney, from June 1, 1847, to April 7, 1851; Rev. William-Putnam Page, from Aug. 1851, to April 26, 1863; Rev. Charles Seymour, from Sept. 23, 1863, to March 31, 1866; Rev. Edwin-Bailey Chase, from Aug. 1, 1866, to Oct. 1, 1874, who died May 6, 1875. Rev. Edward M. Gushee, B. U. 1858, became Rector at Easter, 1875. With the exception of the Reverend grade of the several Rectors is unknown Messrs. Slafter and Gushee, the College to the writer of this history. The Wardens have been as follows:— 1842,Simon Greenleaf,G. F. R. Wadleigh. 1843-1844,Isaac Lum,G. F. R. Wadleigh. 1845-1846,Isaac Lum,John Dallinger. 1847-1848,Isaac Lum,Charles S. Newell. 1849,Isaac Lu