outh contributed liberally of their time and means for the comfort of the soldiers absent in the army.
Among other services rendered they made the uniforms worn by one of the Plymouth companies, having met in Leyden Hall each day for more than a week for that purpose.
Incorporated June 4, 1707.
Population in 1860, 994; in 1865, 924.
Valuation in 1860, $366,835; in 1865, $304,305.
The selectmen in 1861 were Zaccheus Parker, Charles H. Perkins, Ira S. Holmes; in 1862, Isaiah Churchill, Charles H. Perkins, Alexander Harvey; in 1863, Charles H. Perkins, George W. Sherman, S. Briggs; in 1864, Charles H. Perkins, John Sherman, George W. Sherman; in 1865, William Perkins, George W. Holmes, John Sherman.
The town-clerk during all the years of the war was William Perkins.
The town-treasurer in 1861 was John P. Ellis; in 1862, 1863, 1864, and 1865, William Perkins.
1861. A town-meeting was held April 24th, at which it was voted to pledge the credit of the town to thos