hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register, Chapter 16: ecclesiastical History. (search)
iam T. Clarke, from Oct. 1861 to Oct. 1862; Rev. Henry C. Badger, from Nov., 1862, to Nov., 1863; Rev. Rufus P. Stebbins, Amh. C. 1834, D. D. 1851, was a stated supply from Jan., 1864, to May, 1864. Rev. Stephen G. Bulfinch, Columbian, Wash. 1827, D. D. 1864, was pastor from Sept., 1865, to July, 1869, and died in 1870. He was succeeded by Rev. Samuel W. McDaniel, in Nov., 1869, who resigned, July, 1874. The parish is now destitute of a pastor. Deacons. Elected.Held office until Cornelius ClarkJan. 27, 1830ResignedJan. 3, 1833 Abraham P. ShermanApril 3, 1831ResignedDec. 2, 1851 Robert VinalJan. 3, 1833ResignedFeb. 1846 George NewhallDec. 3, 1851DiedMay 24, 1869 John PalmerMay 6, 1855 Second Baptist.—As early as 1824, several persons residing in East Cambridge, being members of Baptist churches in Boston and elsewhere, established a Sabbath-school, and subsequently made arrangements to have preaching one evening in a week, and to this end permission was asked to occupy