e furnished a large amount of material for the soldiers, which was forwarded by them to the army.
Incorporated March 2, 1798.
Population in 1860, 420; in 1865, 530.
Valuation in 1860, $107,505; in 1865, $133,234.
The selectmen in 1861 were Dennis Thayer, James Mixer, Hiram Brown; in 1862, Waterman Brown, John Page, Joseph Miner; in 1863, Waterman Brown, Joseph Miner, Hiram Brown; in 1864, Joseph D. Clark, Ezra W. Gleason, Joseph Miner, Jr.; in 1865, Richard Shattuck, Laban Clark, Henry Worthy.
The town-clerk in 1861, 1862, and 1863, was Waterman Brown; in 1864, William W. Gallup; in 1865, Charles W. Briggs.
The town-treasurer in 1861 was Joseph Clark; in 1862 and 1863, Joseph B. Wheeler; in 1864, Waterman Brown; in 1865, Eleazer Ketchum.
1861. No action appears to have been taken by the town, in its corporate capacity, in relation to the war during this year.
1862. The first meeting to act upon war matters was held on the 22d of July; at which five hund