hide Matching Documents

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

way. In Woburn it was called Plain Street, from its going over the plain in the west side of what is now Winchester, where the same road now is.—See Sewall's Hist. Wob, p. 26. The laying out of this road from Woburn, and that also from Watertown, in 1638, show the importance of Cooke's mill to the early settlers of this region. is very near the former Charlestown line, which formed the eastern (or northern) boundary of Cooke's twenty acres, 1642-1652. See Wyman's Chs. 312. George and Alice Cooke had in Cambridge, Elizabeth, b. 27 Mar. 1640, died Aug. 1640; Thomas, b. 19 June 1642, died 16 Aug. 1642; Elizabeth, born 21 Aug. 1644, married Rev. John Quick, of St. Giles, Cripple-Gate, London, England; Mary, born 15 Aug. 1646, or after her father returned to England—of the Parish of Martin's-in-the-Fields, London, spinster, in 1669—married Samuel Annesley, Esq., of Westminster, England—she, Mary Annesley, formerly Mary Cooke, wrote letter to Edward Collins, that she had lately marrie