hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register 6 0 Browse Search
The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six: a picture of the city and its industries fifty years after its incorporation (ed. Arthur Gilman) 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 8 results in 3 document sections:

, and Amory Houghton. Lewis Hall was elected president, and John Savage, Jr., cashier. Mr. Hall still holds the office of president. The bank is located on Cambridge Street, East Cambridge, and is very successful. Its capital is $100,000, and February 28, 1896, it reported a surplus fund and undivided profits of $82,090, and deposits of $183,598. National city Bank National city Bank was organized May 30, 1853, under the name of the Cambridge City Bank, with Samuel P. Heywood, Eliphalet Davis, John Livermore, George W. Whittemore, Henry M. Chamberlain, George T. Gale, and William P. Fiske as directors. Mr. Heywood was chosen president temporarily, but he resigned June 9, 1853, and John Livermore was elected in his place. Mr. Livermore is the only one of the original board of directors now living. Edward Richardson was elected cashier. The bank began business in the building then known as the Cambridge Athenaeum, now occupied by the Prospect Union. In 1865 the bank was
r were erected six other houses and stores. Ordination Sermon, ut sup. Of these six houses and stores, some may be identified with tolerable accuracy. Vose & Makepeace erected the dwelling-house, which remains standing on the westerly corner of Main and Osborn streets, opposite to their store, before Dec. 17, 1795. Jonathan Brooks erected a store between Cherry and Windsor Streets, on the northerly side of Main Street, before June 5, 1795,—perhaps the same building so long occupied by Eliphalet Davis, and now by his son Thomas M. Davis, for the manufacture of fancy soap. Scott & Hayden erected a store on the lot next westerly from the store-lot of Vose & Makepeace, before 1800. Besides these, Stanton Parker erected a store and shed on the northerly side of Main Street, the precise location not known, before Nov. 11, 1794. Asaph Harlow purchased a lot on the northerly side of Main Street, Jan. 15, 1798, most of which was used in 1873 for the construction of Portland Street; and th
20-1841. Isaac Train, 1820, 1821. Luke Hemenway, 1820-1822. Deming Jarvis, 1822, 1823. Lusher Gay, 1823. Peter Tufts, Jr., 1824. Samuel S. Green, 1824-1837, 1843– 1846. John Wheeler, 1827-1830. John Trowbridge, 1836. Eliphalet Davis, 1838, 1839. Abraham P. Sherman, 1838, 1839. William H. Odiorne, 1840. Ezekiel Hayden, 1840. Ira Wadsworth, 1841, 1842, 1847. Sidney Willard, 1841. Lucius R. Paige, 1842-1846. Jacob H. Bates, 1842, 1843. Omen S. Keith, 1844. el P. Heywood, 1847-1850. Anson Hooker, 1847-1850. William Hunnewell, 1847. Levi Jennings, 1847, 1848, 1856. Elijah Spare, Jr., 1847-1849. Jonas Wyeth 2d, 1847, 1848. Edmund A. Chapman, 1848, 1849. George Cummings, 1848. Eliphalet Davis, 1848. Ralph Day, 1848, 1849, 1852. Jesse Fogg, 1848, 1849. Horatio N. Hovey, 1848. Estes Howe, 1848. John S. Ladd, 1848, 1851. Wm. T. Richardson, 1848. William Wyman, 1848, 1849. David S. Buck, Elected June 11, 1849, in p