hide Matching Documents

Your search returned 6 results in 2 document sections:

connected with the existing church at Woburn, were by a council constituted the West Cambridge Baptist Church. The names of the original members of the church, formed Nov. 20, 1817, were Daniel Brooks, Mary Cutter, Elizabeth Williams, Abigail Robbins, Deliverance Winship, Lydia Jones, Simeon Harrington, William Symmes, Nathan Russell, Jr., Seth Reed, Charles Mackintire, Martha Frost, Thomas H. Teel, Eliza Frost, Sally Putnam, Lucy Tufts, Leonard Cox, Susanna Crosby, Bathsheba Brooks, Rachel Dickson, Hannah Estabrook, Daniel Crouch. 22. On Sept. 9, 1828, a new meeting-house was dedicated in the present locality on land given by Mary Cutter. The Sabbath School was organized Oct. 21, 1828. A new and more commodious church edifice was dedicated March 31, 1853. The house is of the Gothic style of architecture, and was erected at the cost of $15,000, including an organ and other appurtenances. It was subjected to extensive repairs about 1871, at an expense of over $11,000. The
Sarah Cutter, 4 Jan. 1819. Had William, bap. 15 Apr. 1821; Franklin, bap. 8 Dec. 1822; Albert La Fayette, bap. 26 Sept. 1824; Frederick and Sarah, bap. 21 June, 1835. See Cutter (par. 44), and Cutter Book. 8. Aaron, s. of Aaron (6), m. Rachel Dickson of Charlestown, 4 May, 1823, daughter of William (5). 9. John, Jr., a nephew of William (1), m. Sarah Whittemore, 19 Jan. 1749. Had here, child, stillborn, buried here, 22 Apr. 1753; Susanna, bap. 23 Dec. 1755, m. Joseph Shaw, 23 Jan. 177 18, bap. 26 Mar. 1744. Wid. Sarah m. Timothy Swan, both of Camb., 27 July, 1766. Her son, Francis, d. here 19 Oct. 1770, a. 21 yrs. See Bond's Wat., 443, 444; Wyman's Chas., 893. Stanton, Mrs. Hannah, d. 7 Dec. 1803, a. 46. Latham, and Rachel Dickson, of Charlestown, m. 8 July, 1810. Rachel, wife of Capt., of Charlestown End, d. 25 Mar. 1836, a. 81 (g. s.). See Wyman, 895. Stearns, Isaiah, had w. Elizabeth, adm. Pct. ch. and bap. 16 Sept. 1750. Had son, Benjamin, b. 18, bap. 21 Oct.