hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six: a picture of the city and its industries fifty years after its incorporation (ed. Arthur Gilman) 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

e English High School, Mr. Bradbury continuing as head master of the Latin School. In 1892 the English High School moved into its present commodious and beautiful building on Broadway, between Trowbridge and Ellery streets. This structure was erected on land presented to the city by Frederick H. Rindge and at a cost to the city of $230,000. In September, 1888, the Cambridge Manual Training School for Boys, founded and maintained by Mr. Rindge, and placed under the superintendence of Harry Ellis, was opened to the boys of the English High School. As soon as the building at the corner of Broadway and Fayette Street was vacated by the English High School, it was remodeled and put into excellent order for the Latin School, which took possession of it September 6, 1892. The growth of the school has made it necessary to plan a new building for it, to cost not far from $250,000, and to stand on land adjacent to the English High School building and the Public Library. Upon the co