lished a post called Fort Harrison.
Thence he sent Delaware chiefs on a mission to the Prophet, who treated them with scorn.
The troops pressed forward, and on Nov. 6, 1811, they encamped within 3 miles of the Prophet's town.
For more than a day they had discerned savages hanging on their flanks, for the Prophet had become aware of their approach.
Harrison arranged his camp in the form of an irregular parallelogram, having on its front a battalion of United States infantry under Maj. G. R. C. Floyd, flanked on the left by one company, and on the right by two companies, of Indiana militia under Col. J. Bartholomew.
In the rear was a battalion of United States infantry under Capt. W. C. Bean, acting as major, with Capt. R. C. Barton, of the regulars, in immediate command.
These were supported on the right by four companies of Indiana militia, led respectively by Captains Snelling, Posey, Scott, and Warrick, the whole commanded by Lieut.-Col. L. Decker.
The right flank, 80 yar