Your search returned 25 results in 8 document sections:

Southern Historical Society Papers, Volume 15. (ed. Reverend J. William Jones), General Semmes' Georgia Brigade. (search)
J. Turpin, A. J. Turner, J. O. A. Turner, S. Turner, P. Turner. Co. G. Corporal E. Aman, Private J. M. Clarke, B. Chaney, D. W. McCormick, R. F. McDonald, W. Reynolds, Private M. M. Smith, J. Sims, L. W. Thompson, N. Barefield, J. R. Parramore. Co. H. Private J. F. Murry, J. F. Echols, Private J. M. Palmer. Co. I. Sergeant J. F. Davis, L. E. Key, Corporal J. S. Dunn, J. H. Rendall, Private A. J. Champion, J. B. Champion, F. D. Champion, J. J. Elder, Private Wm. Freeman, John H. Griffin, J. C. Head, J. H. Curlin, C. McCullers, C. Powers, Jas. Wilkerson, John Wilkerson. Co. K. Sergeant E. W. Hightower, H. Harris, Private J. Johnson, F. S. Loyd, Corporal M. B. Teague, Private T. J. Anderson, B. F. Hardy, J. M. Andrews, P. J. Hardnett, H. H. Hardnett, S. Hardnett, Private R. G. Langford, J. M. Moore, W. M. Marchman, S. A. Phillips, J. W. Ragland, H. C. Towns, C. R. C. Ward. [161] Twenty-Sixth Georgia Regiment. Co. A
ext Court granted to George Munnings, One of the earliest proprietors of Watertown; admitted Freeman March 14, 1634-5. November 27, 1639, he was allotted a farm of 73 acres; was grantee of 8 lots,atteringly is furnished by the order of December 31, 1639, imposing a fine of 2s. 6d. upon each Freeman absenting himself from any public town meeting after being duly warned to attend; a month lateieutenant was Hugh Mason. Hugh Mason left England in April, 1634, at the age of 28; admitted Freeman the next March: was made Captain May 5, 1652; was ten times a Representative between 1644 and 1tter town, Captain Richard Beers, Captain Richard Beers was an original proprietor, admitted Freeman March 16, 1636-7: Selectman most of the time from 1644 to 1675; Representative thirteen years, the site of the town. History of Northfield, p. 50 n. John Chinery, John Chinery, admitted Freeman in April 1690, was probably a resident of Waltham at the time of his death, living upon a farm
duck until 1830, when the Company dissolved and Mr. Seth Bemis and Thomas Cordis continued the same business till 1839. The latter then sold out to his partner and Seth Bemis, Jr. In 1847 they sold the dyewood business on the Newton side to William Freeman, and Seth Bemis continued to run the Watertown mills till his death, in 1850, when Seth Bemis, Jr. became the sole proprietor. In 1860 he sold out to William Freeman & Co., and they transferred the property to the Aetna Mill Co. who enlargWilliam Freeman & Co., and they transferred the property to the Aetna Mill Co. who enlarged the works and now prosecute the manufacture of woollen fabrics by both water and steam power. Between 1790 and 1796 the Messrs. Bemis constructed a bridge without a railing over the river, which was afterwards put by the commissioners upon the two towns. In 1807 the Watertown end was swept away by a freshet. It was followed by a foot bridge for a few years, when a bridge suitable for teams was erected by subscription. The north end of this was swept away in 1818. The present bridge w
Warmed. --William Freeman, a free negro, without a register, was convicted before the Mayor yesterday of stealing wood, and sentenced to be well lashed. David, slave to Wm. P. Critchfield, was also convicted of "wooding up," from an unknown "pile," without the knowledge of the owner, and sentenced to corporeal punishment.
Mayor's Court, yesterday. --Emma J. Jones, free, no papers; punished,--Peter Crittenden, calling himself nephew of the Kentucky Senator, and an officer of the "United States Army" expressing a desire to communicate information to the enemy — sent to jail as a suspicious person.--Wm. Freeman, charged with stealing corn from the Falls plantation — examined and acquitte
Stealing corn. --William Freeman was committed to jail yesterday by the Mayor, on failing to give $150 security to appear before the next Grand Jury and answer an indictment for stealing six bags of corn, the property of Capt. Henry C. Cabell, of the Fayette Artillery. The corn is now at the Station-House, and though not as "good as wheat," will be amply sufficient to curtail the privileges of the freeman who surreptitiously converted it to his own use. The accusation against Thos. Oakley for being concerned in its abduction, was continued until the 6 instant.
sioners — Jas. H. Grant, R. R. Howison, T. W. McCance, and T. R. Price. Conductor — Thomas U. Dudley. Place of voting — City Hall. Monroe Ward.--Commissioners — Thos. Barham, T. M. Jones, Thos. Boudar, Charles A. Powell, and Felix Mathews. Conductor — Andrew Jenkins. Place of voting — R. A. Lacy's Carpenter Shop, Broad street. Eliza Ann Johnson, free negro, was tried for remaining in the Commonwealth contrary to law. The jury found her not guilty. Frederick Thompson and Wm. Freeman, confined in jail awaiting the action of the Grand Jury, not having been indicted, were ordered to be discharged. An attachment was awarded against Lawrence S. Marye, to show cause why he should not be fined for his contempt in not attending as a witness in the case of the State against James Edward Carter. John Delworth was tried for an assault on Solomon Hecht, and the jury not agreeing on a verdict, were discharged, and defendant let off on payment of costs. A nolle
R. A. Glazebrook; Hudson, slave of D. P. Lewis, received the same punishment, for receiving the stolen raiments from Joe; Wm. McMillan was committed for examination, for uttering treasonable language against the Government of the Confederacy; Henry Scott was acquitted of the charge of deserting from the fortifications and stealing a pick and shovel; John Temple, arrested for setting fire to and burning the steamer Glen Cove, (arrested in Norfolk,) had his case continued to the 24th inst. Several negroes were whipped for going about without passes; Frank Foster's case continued, charge stealing a watch from Harrison, slave of James Thomas; Beverley, slave of J. R. Anderson, no pass, and pretending he was from South Carolina, whipped; Catharine Burns, held to bail for abusing and disturbing the family of Margaret Needham; James T. Lambert, charged with beating Ann W. Forsyth — case continued until to-day; John F. Schonberger, charged with beating Wm. Freeman — examined and discharge