ale for instructress.
Schools for poor children were held from May to November.
These were in different sections of the town, and were visited November 13.
The trustees found 26 under Mrs. Rea, 40 under Miss Susan Wyman, and 30 under Miss Mary Frothingham, 96 in all. These teachers received $2.50 per week for 30 scholars.
The school for girls (over seven years of age) was kept six months, and also closed in November.
In April (1820) it was voted to pay Miss Carlisle, the assistant, on at No. 4, under Simeon Booker, 33; and at No. 5, under Charles Wyman, 26.
A reduction of salaries having been agreed upon, the sum needed for the current year will be $3,100. No. 5 will need repairs amounting to about $75. Joel Tufts and Mr. Frothingham are authorized to attend to these repairs.
May 1, 1820, Isaac and Joel Tufts are appointed to establish summer schools without the Neck.
March 1, 1820, the trustees by vote established the holidays and vacations for the school year as fo