Incorporated June 29, 1773.
Population in 1860, 1,216; in 1865, 1,163.
Valuation in 1860, $442,651; in 1865, $409,395.
The selectmen during the years 1861 and 1862 were Charles H. Kirkland, Gilbert S. Lewis, William P. Miller; in 1863, Daniel Fry, Jairius J. Lyman, E. B. Tinker; in 1864 and 1865, John Parks, Jairius J. Lyman, Charles H. Kirkland.
The town-clerk during 1861 and 1862 was A. J. Stanton; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, E. N. Woods.
The town-treasurer in 1861, 1862, and 1863, was Daniel Fry; in 1864 and 1865, Jabez Stanton.
1861. A special town-meeting was held in September, which voted to appropriate a sufficient sum to provide aid to the families of volunteers in the military service from that town as provided by law.
1862. July 19th, Voted, to pay a bounty of one hundred dollars to each volunteer who enlists for three years to the credit of the town, and to raise eighteen hundred dollars to pay the same.
August 23d, Voted, to pay the same bounty to men enli