hide Matching Documents

Your search returned 7 results in 4 document sections:

cas both d. before 28 Nov. 1654, when his father was appointed administrator. 3. Matthew, s. of John (1), m. Anna, dau. of Nicholas Danforth, and had John, b. 15 June 1645, d. 1672, and his father administered; Anna, b. about 1647, living in 1674, m. Saml. Livermore, Wat., 4 June 1668; Martha, b. 19 Jan. 1648-9, d. 15 Jan. 1649-50; Matthew, b. 5 May 1650; Samuel, b. 14, 17, or 24 Feb. 1652-3, d. 25 Feb. 1672-3; Thomas, b. 1 June 1656, d. 28 Mar. 1673; Elizabeth, b. 17 Aug. 1659, m. Capt. Benj. Garfield, Wat., 19 Jan. 1677-8, and (2d) Samuel Harrington. Matthew the f. rem. to the Farms, now Lex., where he owned 400 acres, m. 1668, previously to which he had prob. resided on the estate at the N. W. corner of Brattle and Mason streets, which he bought in 1657, and sold to Capt. Pyam Blowers in 1672, being then occupied by Reuben Luxford. He inherited his father's homestead, which he sold to John Marrett in 1683. In early life he was accused, probably without sufficient cause, of a
cas both d. before 28 Nov. 1654, when his father was appointed administrator. 3. Matthew, s. of John (1), m. Anna, dau. of Nicholas Danforth, and had John, b. 15 June 1645, d. 1672, and his father administered; Anna, b. about 1647, living in 1674, m. Saml. Livermore, Wat., 4 June 1668; Martha, b. 19 Jan. 1648-9, d. 15 Jan. 1649-50; Matthew, b. 5 May 1650; Samuel, b. 14, 17, or 24 Feb. 1652-3, d. 25 Feb. 1672-3; Thomas, b. 1 June 1656, d. 28 Mar. 1673; Elizabeth, b. 17 Aug. 1659, m. Capt. Benj. Garfield, Wat., 19 Jan. 1677-8, and (2d) Samuel Harrington. Matthew the f. rem. to the Farms, now Lex., where he owned 400 acres, m. 1668, previously to which he had prob. resided on the estate at the N. W. corner of Brattle and Mason streets, which he bought in 1657, and sold to Capt. Pyam Blowers in 1672, being then occupied by Reuben Luxford. He inherited his father's homestead, which he sold to John Marrett in 1683. In early life he was accused, probably without sufficient cause, of a
Clark. Cook. Hancock. Hubbard. Remington. Ware. Bowman, 494-6. Andrew. Angier. Barnard. Blackleech. Bridge. Bright. Brown. Clarke. Coolidge. Cutter. Davis. Eveleth. Fowle. Frost. Garfield. Kidder. Livermore. Nurse. Pike. Reed. Russell. Sherman. Simonds. Smith. Soden. Stearns. Stone. Viles. Walker. Wetmore. Whitmore. Winship. Wyeth. Bowtell, 496. Bowers. Brackett, 496. Oliver. Parsons. Quincy. Rainsborough. Salstonstall. Sewall. Shepard. Tyng. Wendell. Williams. Winthrop. Brewer, 500. Bridge, 500. Bancroft. Blowers. Bowman. Brooks. Champney. Danforth. Garfield. Harrington. Livermore. Luxford. Marrett. Russell. Saunders. Taylor. Watson. Whitney. Brigham, 501, 2. Eames. Fay. Fessenden. Gage. Hastings. Hunt. Hurd. Johnson. Rice. Ward. Brown,
ow water below the mill. In 1653 this mill was rated at £ 140 for the support of the ministry. Before the close of 1686 a fulling-mill had been erected adjoining the corn-mill, by the proprietors of the latter. The next mill built was within the limits of Waltham, and was a fulling-mill, erected in 1662 or 3 on Beaver Brook, in the eastern corner of the town, supposed to be on the spot where Kendall's Grist-Mills stood; sold in 1663 to Thomas Livermore, and eight years later Captain Benjamin Garfield purchased part of it. Previous to 1690 a corn-mill had also been erected there. In 1700 these mills or a part of them belonged to Samuel Stearns. The third mill is referred to in a vote passed at a town-meeting, held January 5, 1679-80, by which it was granted that the new corn-mill now fet up and to be finished at Stony Brook, be freed from rates for 20 years from that date. In 1684 they were owned by John Bright and others. These mills, says Bond, were probably owned some tim