Population in 1860, 730; in 1865, 650.
Valuation in 1860, $293,228; in 1865, $299,594.
The selectmen in 1861 were E. G. Hale, J. M. Northup, J. G. Garfield; in 1862, E. G. Hale, J. G. Garfield, A. G. Sweet; in 1863, J. M. Garfield, G. W. Garfield, C. E. Slater; in 1864, E. G. Hale, H. Clark, Orson Webster; in 1865, E. G. Hale, Daniel Clark, John Canon.
The town-clerk in 1861, 1862, 1863, and 1864, was J. W. Wilson; in 1865, Albert C. Heath.
The town-treasurer in 1861 was Elijah Garfield; in 1862, Charles E. Slater; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, A. C. Heath.
1861. The first legal town-meeting, to act upon matters connected with the war, was held on the 1st of July; at which the selectmen were authorized to borrow money for the payment of State aid to families of volunteers.
1862. April 7th, Voted, that the selectmen borrow and pay over to the families of volunteers, at the end of each month, the amount the State allows.
July 23d, Voted, to pay a bounty of one hundred