hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Charles A. Nelson , A. M., Waltham, past, present and its industries, with an historical sketch of Watertown from its settlement in 1630 to the incorporation of Waltham, January 15, 1739. 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

e the estimate for the lumber required so closely, that Dr. Cushing used to say that, there was not enough left to build his two bee hives. The Poor House of 1750 was a small house owned by Samuel Garfield, located at what was called Hell's Mouth, up among the hills between Stony Brook Mills, at the end of Weston Street, and Mr. Amasa Harrington's on South Street. It was taken down and removed to the land of Jacob Gale (now Banks's), opposite the junction of South and Weston Streets. Jacob Garfield afterwards bought it and used it as a carpenter's shop for a while, and then converted it into a residence. Newton Street was voted March 3, 1755, upon the petition of Steven White and others, to run from the Main Road to the river, crossing Beaver Brook near the river by a bridge. In 1759 some alteration was made in the road near the river, on land of Jonas Dix and Richard Cutting, His grandson, Uriah Cutting. Jr., was a noted man in Boston, extensively engaged in real estate t