hide Matching Documents

Your search returned 6 results in 3 document sections:

., he was Representative from that town eight years, between 1715 and 1733, and was also Justice of the Peace, when that office was bestowed much more sparingly than now. His children, according to Hudson (Hist. Lex.), were Francis, b. about 1685; Mary, m.—— Morse; Lydia, m. Jonathan Simonds; John, b. 14 July 1689; Sarah, m. Philip Russell; Isaac, b. 1693, d. 18 July 1785. 4. Nathaniel, s. of Francis (2), m. Anna Barnard of Watertown, 16 Dec. 1692, and had Mary, b. 22 Dec. 1693, m. Samuel Garfield of Wat. about 1714; Anne, bap. 6 Sept. 1698, m. Nathaniel Bright of Wat. about 1714, and m. (2d) Richard Clarke; Elizabeth, bap. 13 Nov. 1698, d. unm. 25 Feb. 1748; Abigail, b. 1700, m. Matthew Bridge, Jr., 22 Mar. 1719-20, and d. 15 June 1785; Nathaniel, bap. 31 May, 1702, and d. 26 Dec. 1723, leaving dau. Mary, b. 19 Dec. 1723, and wife Ruth, who m. Oliver Livermore 24 Aug. 1726; and afterwards——Soden; Grace, bap. 1 Oct. 1704, m. Nathaniel Coolidge 10 Mar. 1726-7; Sarah, bap. 25 May
., he was Representative from that town eight years, between 1715 and 1733, and was also Justice of the Peace, when that office was bestowed much more sparingly than now. His children, according to Hudson (Hist. Lex.), were Francis, b. about 1685; Mary, m.—— Morse; Lydia, m. Jonathan Simonds; John, b. 14 July 1689; Sarah, m. Philip Russell; Isaac, b. 1693, d. 18 July 1785. 4. Nathaniel, s. of Francis (2), m. Anna Barnard of Watertown, 16 Dec. 1692, and had Mary, b. 22 Dec. 1693, m. Samuel Garfield of Wat. about 1714; Anne, bap. 6 Sept. 1698, m. Nathaniel Bright of Wat. about 1714, and m. (2d) Richard Clarke; Elizabeth, bap. 13 Nov. 1698, d. unm. 25 Feb. 1748; Abigail, b. 1700, m. Matthew Bridge, Jr., 22 Mar. 1719-20, and d. 15 June 1785; Nathaniel, bap. 31 May, 1702, and d. 26 Dec. 1723, leaving dau. Mary, b. 19 Dec. 1723, and wife Ruth, who m. Oliver Livermore 24 Aug. 1726; and afterwards——Soden; Grace, bap. 1 Oct. 1704, m. Nathaniel Coolidge 10 Mar. 1726-7; Sarah, bap. 25 May
leasant Street, and still remains. The house is probably 120 years old. It was sold by the daughter of Dr. Cushing to Henry Timmins, who improved it, and it afterwards came into the possession of Mr. James Ellison. It was modelled after the house of Mr. Samuel Harrington, on South Street, who made the estimate for the lumber required so closely, that Dr. Cushing used to say that, there was not enough left to build his two bee hives. The Poor House of 1750 was a small house owned by Samuel Garfield, located at what was called Hell's Mouth, up among the hills between Stony Brook Mills, at the end of Weston Street, and Mr. Amasa Harrington's on South Street. It was taken down and removed to the land of Jacob Gale (now Banks's), opposite the junction of South and Weston Streets. Jacob Garfield afterwards bought it and used it as a carpenter's shop for a while, and then converted it into a residence. Newton Street was voted March 3, 1755, upon the petition of Steven White and othe