Your search returned 9 results in 4 document sections:
A business man of long ago. By Helen T. Wild. [Read before the Medford Historical Society, Jan. 15, 1900.] In 1662 Widow Mary Hall united with the church at Cambridge, Mass., and received land grants in that town. Her son John bought lands in Medford in 1675, and the family has been represented there ever since. The first mention of Hall on the Town Records is on page 1 of volume 1, dated 1678: Goodman Hall, Jr., by money (for ammunition) 0-05-0. Goodman John Hall was chosen CHall on the Town Records is on page 1 of volume 1, dated 1678: Goodman Hall, Jr., by money (for ammunition) 0-05-0. Goodman John Hall was chosen Constable in February, 1677, and the same year was elected Selectman. Jan. 17, 1684, the first tax list on record has John Hall's name in the third place—Jonathan and Nathaniel Wade preceding him. In those days the leading men stood at the head of the list. Alphabetical order was never thought of. In 1677 John Hall, Jr. took the oath of fidelity. In 1687 his name appears on the tax list for the first time, being number twelve in a list of thirty-two. The first John Hall died in 1701.
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 12., The
first Methodist Episcopal Church of Medford. (search)
The Daily Dispatch: September 4, 1861., [Electronic resource],
Tennessee and Kentucky. (search)