store between Cherry and Windsor Streets, on the northerly side of Main Street, before June 5, 1795,—perhaps the same building so long occupied by Eliphalet Davis, and now by his son Thomas M. Davis, for the manufacture of fancy soap.
Scott & Hayden erected a store on the lot next westerly from the store-lot of Vose & Makepeace, before 1800.
Besides these, Stanton Parker erected a store and shed on the northerly side of Main Street, the precise location not known, before Nov. 11, 1794.
Asaph Harlow purchased a lot on the northerly side of Main Street, Jan. 15, 1798, most of which was used in 1873 for the construction of Portland Street; and the house which he erected was then removed a few feet eastwardly to the easterly corner of Portland and Main streets.
Richard Thayer bought a lot, Sept. 1, 1802, and erected the house now standing on the westerly corner of Main and Portland streets.
Next westerly from the Thayer estate was a lot, with a currier's shop thereon,
This lot was