Browsing named entities in The Daily Dispatch: December 22, 1862., [Electronic resource]. You can also browse the collection for John Harris or search for John Harris in all documents.

Your search returned 2 results in 2 document sections:

The Daily Dispatch: December 22, 1862., [Electronic resource], Interesting account of the battle of Fredericksburg. (search)
slightly; privates Isaac Williams, John Williams, C H Noblin, all slightly. Company I--Wounded: Humphrey Dillon. Total killed. 3; wounded, 17. 2d Miss. Battalion, Lt. Col. Thos. Manlove, Com'g. Major Lee severely wounded. Company B--Scroggins, slightly wounded Company E--Sergeant Geo. Schlegel, slightly wounded. Company I--Killed:--McGuire. Wounded: H D Bryson, slightly. Company L--Wounded:--Alkin, severely. Total killed, I; wounded, 5. 19th Miss, Major Harris, Com'g. Company D--Wounded: W T Seal, slightly. Company G--Wounded: Serg't J W Williams, slightly; Corporal J M Lee, severely; privates J J Holcombe, right leg off, since dead; D Archibald, very slightly; J M Murphy, shot in left hand; A B Sanaom, stunned by a shell; J R Petrea, two fingers on right hand. Total killed, 1; wounded, 7. 12th Miss., Major Dilly, Com'g. Company A--Wounded: Ben Fortner, J C Cleary, slightly. Company E--Wounded; Chas Kean; severely; Wm Heard
The Daily Dispatch: December 22, 1862., [Electronic resource], More of the Abolition Raid in Gloucester — the gunboats on York river. (search)
Death from cold and exposure. --Coroner Sanxay was called upon yesterday to hold an inquest over the body of Dick, a slave owned by Col. John Harris, of Ga., (and of a Georgia regiment,) who had died on Saturday. It appeared that Dick was on his way to the army, but it is supposed without a pass from his master, as the conductor of the train on which he embarked put him off. The night, it will be remembered, was bitter cold, and by the time he succeeded in reaching this city he was well nigh frozen. Arriving in Richmond, he made his way to Henry Studdy's, in rear of the Ebeneser African Church on Leigh street, where he was taken in and had such attention bestowed on him as the inmates were capable of affording. He was put to bed, but died during the night from the cold and exposure he had undergone. It is not known whether his master was on the train or not. Coroner Sanxay did not deem it necessary to hold an inquest.