Browsing named entities in Col. J. J. Dickison, Confederate Military History, a library of Confederate States Military History: Volume 11.2, Florida (ed. Clement Anselm Evans). You can also browse the collection for D. P. Holland or search for D. P. Holland in all documents.

Your search returned 2 results in 2 document sections:

f he had further communications to make. On the return of the committee with report that the governor had no further communications to make, resolutions of thanks were tendered to the Hon. John C. McGehee, president of the convention, for the impartial and dignified manner in which he had discharged the duties of the position. The convention also adopted resolutions expressing their approval and high appreciation of the acts of Major-General Chase, as the same had been communicated by Colonels Holland and Gee, aides to the governor, and thanks were tendered to these officers, to the troops, and to Governor Moore for his promptness and patriotism. It is worthy of note that General Chase, in accepting the appointment of military commander, informed Governor Perry that he would serve without pay or any personal expense to the State. On the 4th of February, 1861, the delegates from the seceding States met at Montgomery, Ala., and prepared a provisional constitution for the new Confed
ol, who preferred artillery service, that the company be changed to artillery. This was agreed to, provided he would accept the position of captain, to which proposal he assented It was then organized at Ocala as the Marion Light Artillery, with John M. Martin, captain; J. J. Dickison, first lieutenant; R P. McCants, second lieutenant, and Wm. Tidwell, third lieutenant. On the 4th of November, 1861, the company was ordered by Governor Milton to Fernandina, and instructed to call on Col. D. P. Holland for the battery of field pieces in his possession belonging to the State of Florida, with all its equipment, and to report to Brigadier-General Trapier, commanding district of Florida. In the absence of Captain Martin, Lieutenant Dickison reported the command to Col. Charles Hopkins, then in command of the post, and was received by him into the Confederate States army. On the 21st of November Lieutenant Dickison reported first and second lieutenants present with 6 non-commissioned of