hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register 8 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 8 results in 4 document sections:

Samuel Dudley, 22 1/2 acres; Thomas Dudley, Esq., 63 acres; Richard Goodman, 6 acres; William Westwood, 27 acres; John Talcott,. 32 acres; Daniel Denison, 22 1/2 acres; John Haynes, Esq., 63 acres; (these lots severally extended from what is now Main Street to Somerville line; the following lots bordered southerly on the Great Marsh): Widow Hester Mussey, 9 acres; Matthew Allen, 27 acres; John Talcott, 45 acres, bordering eastwardly on the marsh, and another lot, wholly marsh, 50 acres; Atherton Hough, 130 acres of marsh and upland, embracing Graves his neck, or East Cambridge. At a later period, another planting field was enclosed by a common fence, and was called the West field, and sometimes West-end field. It was bounded northerly by Garden Street, easterly by Wyeth Street, southerly by Vassall Lane, and westerly by the Great Swamp, or Fresh Pond meadows. There was also the Pine Swamp field, whose bounds I cannot trace; but it was in the vicinity of the intersection of Oxford
ously sold to Judge Dana. Subsequently Jarvis purchased the land between these two lots, extending from Norfolk Street to Columbia Street, and northerly from one hundred to two hundred feet beyond Austin Street; so that he then owned all the land bordering on the northerly side of Main Street from the point about midway between Hancock and Lee streets to Moore Street, and about fifty acres on the southerly side of Main Street, easterly from its junction with Front Street. The lot of Atherton Hough (or Haugh) in Graves his neck, containing 130 acres in 1635, and embracing all the upland in East Cambridge, was enlarged, by the addition of the lots originally assigned to John Talcott, Matthew Allen, and Mrs. Mussey, before 1642, when it was described as containing 267 acres. Subsequently the 63 acre lot of Governor Haynes was added, and when the estate was purchased, Aug. 15, 1706, by Spencer Phips (afterwards Lieut.-governor), it was said to contain 300 acres more or less; but it ac
70; Susanna, b. 13 Oct. 1808, m. George W. Hubbard 4 Mar. 1827, d. 21 July 1852; Mary Adeline, b. 17 Feb. 1811, m. Gilbert Cutting 25 Nov. 1832; Isaac H., b. 23 Ap. 1813; Amittai, b. 3 Oct. 1815, m. Daniel Davis 1834; Sylvana, b. 3 Mar. 1818, m. Rufus Cox 2 Ap. 1846; James P., b.——, d. 12 Sept. 1874, a. 51; Abby, b.——; Andrew Jackson, b.——, res. here. Samuel the f. res. in Cambridgeport, and d. 19 Jan. 1857, a. 74; his w. Susanna d. 28 Ap. 1872, a. 86. Haugh, Atherton (otherwise written Hough and Hought), was one of the Assistants in 1635, and owned a house and farm embracing the whole of the upland in East Cambridge, and in 1642 he had added so much to his farm that it contained two hundred and sixty-seven acres. He early removed to Boston, and resided at the southerly corner of Washington and School streets, where he died 11 Sept. 1650. His son Samuel was pastor of the Church at Reading, and d. 30 Mar. 1662, leaving a son Samuel, who d. before 15 Oct. 1679, leaving wid. A
70; Susanna, b. 13 Oct. 1808, m. George W. Hubbard 4 Mar. 1827, d. 21 July 1852; Mary Adeline, b. 17 Feb. 1811, m. Gilbert Cutting 25 Nov. 1832; Isaac H., b. 23 Ap. 1813; Amittai, b. 3 Oct. 1815, m. Daniel Davis 1834; Sylvana, b. 3 Mar. 1818, m. Rufus Cox 2 Ap. 1846; James P., b.——, d. 12 Sept. 1874, a. 51; Abby, b.——; Andrew Jackson, b.——, res. here. Samuel the f. res. in Cambridgeport, and d. 19 Jan. 1857, a. 74; his w. Susanna d. 28 Ap. 1872, a. 86. Haugh, Atherton (otherwise written Hough and Hought), was one of the Assistants in 1635, and owned a house and farm embracing the whole of the upland in East Cambridge, and in 1642 he had added so much to his farm that it contained two hundred and sixty-seven acres. He early removed to Boston, and resided at the southerly corner of Washington and School streets, where he died 11 Sept. 1650. His son Samuel was pastor of the Church at Reading, and d. 30 Mar. 1662, leaving a son Samuel, who d. before 15 Oct. 1679, leaving wid. A