hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 16. 5 1 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 5 results in 2 document sections:

1844] Caldwell, Robert May 16, 804 Fish, Josiah (canal) July 19, 1887 36 Floyd, Edward H. June 27, 1827 13 Goodwin, Winthrop T.Mar. 27, 1849 6-11-17 Hall, John Apr. 9, 1813 Hall, John Nov. 8, 1818 55 Hall, Richard (shipwrecked) Oct. 19, 1798 Hall, Timothy June 29, 1837 Hardy, JohnFeb. 9, 1846 39 Hatch, ReubenApr. 9, 1770 Hathaway, Edward K. July 7, 1844 5-10 Son of A. K. Hathaway, the school teacher, who lived on Ashland street.—F. A. W. Heyward, Henry Ware Nov. 30, 1838 6 Jacobs, WalterJuly, 1822 NAMETIMEAGE Jewell, Henry W.June 1, 184724-6 Johnson, JohnJuly 25, 18318 Keefe, Patrick (canal)July 5, 184814 King, John FobesOct. 10, 183520 Lost at sea, son of Capt. John King, who lived at the head of Stearns avenue. Capt. George King, another son, was lost at sea.—F. A. W. Lameul, FrancisSept. 13, 184621 Learned, ThomasDec. 15, 182060 Loring, WilliamSept. 5, 18408 Monson, NathanJune 13, 1817 Pratt, —— Capt.Aug. 31, 180267 Ramsdill,—–July 7, 1803
e square. He afterward bought out the Davis heirs. The whole property was lately sold to Mr. Smith's granddaughter, making only two transfers of the property in a century. In the heater corner, between Salem and Washington streets, was Mr. Sumner Jacobs' house, facing the square and shaded by a magnificent elm. There were gates and stone steps at each end of the piazza, but the north gate was never used. In order to make a straight walk from the front door the tree was sacrificed, and the square, was a cistern for storing water in case of fire, and at stated intervals the fire companies would have try-outs of the engines and hose, with great satisfaction to themselves and delight for the children of the neighborhood. East of Mr. Jacobs' land was the James Tufts house, so called because Mr. Tufts had lived there previous to his removal to the three-story house east of Gravelly Creek. Next was Mr. Pyam Cushing's house. He was a coal dealer, with a wharf on Ship street. To thi