hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 26. 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

of the clubs in New England for years. The work of its members ranked high in quality, and many awards came to them in contest and exhibitions throughout New England and the Middle West. On June 4, 1889, a group of camera fiends met at the home of George L. Stone on Ashland street, with a view to forming an organization. Among those present were George E. Davenport, E. E. Sweeney, J. H. Wheeler, J. F. Johnson, Charles D. Tucker and George L. Stone of Medford, and Henry S. Fisher and E. L. Jenkins of Everett. The officers elected were: President, George L. Stone; Vice-President, George E. Davenport; Secretary and Treasurer, J. F. Johnson. On May 6, 1890, they adopted a Constitution Governing the Mystic Camera Club. For some time the club met at the homes of the members, and then occupied the Legion of Honor Hall. Later they met in Odd Fellows Hall. They had quarters in the Riverside block on Main street, adjoining the Medford Art Club, until July 7, 1896, when they move