Your search returned 4 results in 2 document sections:

b.———--, 1779. 28. Amos, prob. a bro. of Jonathan (27), m. Mary Wyman, 29 Oct. 1782. (See Wyman's Chas., 1042?) 29. Lucy, of Lexington, m. Benjamin Wheeler, of Concord, 27 Nov. 1753. Widow——, had John, bap. here 1 June, 1788. Mrs. A., d. 11 Jan. 1799, a. 26. Miss Ann's child d. 19 Jan. 1801, a. 3 weeks. 30. The following Winships of Lexington are on record here. Edith, m. Isaac Adams, of Boston, 2 Sept. 1806. Lydia, m. John Frost, 3d, of W. Camb., 8 May, 1808. Hannah, m. Leonard Johnson, of W. Camb., 2 Apr. 1812. Sally, m. John Frost, of W. Camb., 1 Aug. 1813. Emily, m. Otis Reed, of Boston, 13 Nov. 1817. Thad-Deus, m. Mary Walker, of Lexington, 28 Jan. 1818. Anna, m. Erastus Brown, of Lexington, 22 Oct. 1826. Hannah, of Dorchester, m. John Boutell, of Charlestown, 21 Oct. 1812. Wiswell, Elizabeth, drowned in Fresh Pond, 5 Apr. 1813, a. 24. Withington, William, was adm. Pct. ch. at organization, 9 Sept. 1739. Had w. Sarah, adm. Pct. ch. 8 Aug. 1742. W
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 6., The Lawrence Light Guard.—Continued. (search)
the neighborhood which was not consumed on the memorable night of November 2, 1850. Mr. Wait succeeded his father, Nathan Wait, who started the business on the same spot in 1783. The property remained in the family until taken by the Metropolitan Park Commission, in 1901. Mr. Wait's dwelling house was next south of his shop. He went into it in 1826. After it was burned, he built the house now standing on the site. The next building was occupied by William S. Barker grocer, and Leonard Johnson, dealer in grain and meal on the lower floor. James Hyde, painter, occupied the second floor. There were two long oat troughs at the side of the street for feeding horses. The drivers could get gingerbread, crackers, cheese, and beer in the store while their horses were being refreshed by the roadside. The building was rebuilt after the fire and stands today very much like the original in general outline. Mr. Barker later removed to High street, just east of the old Orthodox Churc