hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
HISTORY OF THE TOWN OF MEDFORD, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, FROM ITS FIRST SETTLEMENT, IN 1630, TO THE PRESENT TIME, 1855. (ed. Charles Brooks) 2 0 Browse Search
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 8. 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 4 results in 2 document sections:

piece of plough-land, half an acre; a piece mowing-land, one acre; a wood-lot, four acres; one-third of half a dwelling-house. 197,650 unburned bricks, 1,886 feet pine boards, taken by the army, for which pay is promised. A pew in our meeting-house, not leased. Thirty-two dozen of tile, sold for £ 3. 4s. Of the estate belonging to Sir William Pepperell, viz.: a pew in our meeting-house, No. 16, not leased. Of the estate belonging to one Clewly, in Halifax, left in the hands of Ichabod Jones, of Boston, his trustee: two pieces of land leased to Paul Wyman, one year, for £ 10. Joshua Symonds, Committee of Safety, &c. Samuel Kidder, Committee of Safety, &c. Stephen Hall, Jun., Committee of Safety, &c. Ebenezer Hall, Committee of Safety, &c. Medford, Aug. 26, 1776. Dr. Simon Tufts, that skilful physician and polished gentleman, was persuaded to accept the agency of Colonel Royal's affairs during an absence which was meant to be short. The breaking out of hostilities so
hop, 8 acres of upland and his pew in the church; Clewly's pasture and mowing land; Pepperell's house and his pew in the church are mentioned. Their account allowed April 6, 1780, accounts for the rent of Sir William Pepperell's house and pew, and about 14 acres of pasture and 14 acres of mowing land belonging to the estate of Isaac Clewly. Brooks states that the Committee of Correspondence had under its care the estate of one Clewly who was a resident of Halifax and whose agent was Ichabod Jones. In that case the estate referred to in the accounts of the committee was that of John Clewly of Halifax, a carpenter, who held a mortgage on the estate of Francis Whitmore, a resident of Medford at the time the deed was given. His estate in Middlesex County was not sold by the state, but it was settled in 795 by his administrator, John C. Jones; his real estate, which consisted of about 22 acres in Medford and 6 1/4 acres in Weston, was sold by his administrator, and after the payment