, $1,919.00; in 1865, $1,003.87. Total amount, $8,754.57.
Incorporated June 4, 1686.
Population in 1860, 1,232; in 1865, 1,156.
Valuation in 1860, $592,766; in 1865, $547,181.
The selectmen in 1861 and 1862 were James H. Clark, John Blackmer, Samuel T. Braley; in 1863, James H. Clark, John Blackmer, John H. Clark; in 1864, John H. Clark, John Blackmer, Nahum F. Morse; in 1865, John Blackmer, John H. Clark, Nahum F. Morse.
The town-clerk during all these years was Theophilus King.
The town-treasurer during the same period was Robert C. Randall.
1861. The first legal town-meeting to consider matters in relation to the war was held on the 12th of October, at which it was voted to pay State aid to the families of soldiers as provided by act of the Legislature.
1862. July 19th, The selectmen were authorized to pay a bounty of one hundred dollars to each of the thirteen three-years volunteers required to fill the quota of the town, and to borrow thirteen hund