Browsing named entities in Southern Historical Society Papers, Volume 35. (ed. Reverend J. William Jones). You can also browse the collection for John R. Lane or search for John R. Lane in all documents.

Your search returned 2 results in 2 document sections:

Southern Historical Society Papers, Volume 35. (ed. Reverend J. William Jones), Roster of Company E, Nineteenth Virginia Infantry. (search)
, W. W., died Chimborazo Hospital, typhoid fever, June 27, 1864. Johnston, William W., captured at Yorktown, April 26, 1862; exchanged August 5, 1862. Jones, B. C. Kendricks, J. M. Kite, William H., enlisted October 30, 1864; transferred to 39th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry. Leake, William J., enlisted May 10, 1861. Leake, John W., wounded May 5, 1862, in battle of Williamsburg; mortally wounded in battle of Seven Pines, June I, 1862; died in Richmond Hospital, June 3, 1862. Lane, Nemiah, detailed to other service. LeTellier, Joseph C., wounded at Gettysburg, July 3, 1863. LeTellier, William B., promoted second lieutenant, April 13, 1863; wounded in the face, July 3, 1863, at Gettysburg and captured; died there in field hospital, August 1, 1863. Mundy, Johanthan B., wounded at Gettysburg, July 3, 1863. Mundy, Isaac L., enlisted May 10, 1861. Mundy, Thomas W., promoted second sergeant; wounded August 30, 1862, in battle of Second Manassas; killed July 3, 186
Southern Historical Society Papers, Volume 35. (ed. Reverend J. William Jones), Brave Carolinian fell at Gettysburg. (search)
and went on, saying, Come on, boys! and as the words left his lips was again shot down, when the flag was taken by Captain McCreary, who was killed a moment or two later. Then Colonel Burgwyn himself took the colors and as we were advancing over the brow of a little hill and he was a few feet in advance of the center of the regiment, he was shot as he partly turned to give an order, a bullet passing through his abdomen. He fell backwards, the regiment continuing its advance, Lieutenant-Colonel John R. Lane taking command and at the same time taking the flag from Colonel Burgwyn. In a moment, it seemed, he was shot, and then Captain W. S. Brewer, of my company, took the flag and carried it through the remainder of the advance, Major John Jones having then assumed command of the regiment. Our regiment was recalled and retired. I was knocked down by the explosion of a shell, which injured my eyesight somewhat, but soon rose, and as myself and some comrades went back I saw Colonel