was as follows: In 1861, 00; in 1862, $276.00: in 1863, $723.76; in 1864, $565.00; in 1865, $550.00. Total amount, $2,114.76.
Incorporated May 5, 1774.
Population in 1860, 960; in 1865, 914.
Valuation in 1860, $292,830; in 1865, $284,644.
The selectmen in 1861 were Asa L. Field, Luther Dudley, Timothy Putnam; in 1862, Silas Ball, Elihu Hemenway, Luther Dudley; in 1863, Timothy B. Pierce, Alden C. Field, William H. Smith; in 1864, Timothy B. Pierce, Frederick W. Field, Charles Lawton; in 1865, Alden C. Field, Luther Dudley, Frederick W. Field.
The town-clerk in 1861 and 1862 was Elisha M. Ingram; in 1863, Levi M. Graves; in 1864 and 1865, Charles H. Field.
The treasurer of the town during all these years was Elijah Ingram.
1861. The first meeting, to consider matters in regard to the war, was held on the 13th of May, at which it was voted to pay each volunteer a dollar a day, for one month, previous to going into camp.
October 14th, Voted, to raise money to a