hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six: a picture of the city and its industries fifty years after its incorporation (ed. Arthur Gilman) 4 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 4 results in 1 document section:

ishop Fenwick, the Rev. John B. Fitzpatrick, and Rev. P. Byrne met with them; they were encouraged to pursue the work so well begun, and Father Fitzpatrick was assigned to assist them and to become their pastor. Messrs. Southwick, Gleeson, John W. Loring, Lawrence B. Watts, and James Casey were appointed a building committee, and Messrs. Southwick, Loring, and Gleeson a committee to select and secure a site. A lot on the easterly side of Fourth Street, near to Otis, was secured, and, at a meLoring, and Gleeson a committee to select and secure a site. A lot on the easterly side of Fourth Street, near to Otis, was secured, and, at a meeting held on February 20, it was voted that the name of St. John's Church be given to the structure to be erected. On March 19 the deed of a lot of land seventy by one hundred feet from Amos Binney to Bishop Fenwick was passed. The building committee commenced and vigorously prosecuted their work, so that services were held in the basement October 9, by Father Fitzpatrick. On September 3, 1843, the structure, being complete, was dedicated by the bishop. Father Fitzpatrick remained as past