66.00. Total amount, $5,228.71.
The ladies' Soldiers' Aid Society was unceasing in its labors for the soldiers all through the war, and sent articles and money to the Sanitary Commission and to the army, to the gross value of four thousand six hundred and thirteen dollars and seventy-two cents.
Incorporated May 24, 1682.
Population in 1860, 3,073; in 1865, 3,040.
Valuation in 1860, $1,181,066; in 1865, $1,215,423.
The selectmen in 1861 and 1862 were Elisha Wells, Allen Mansfield, Philo Temple; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, Dexter Childs, Charles Arms, George W. Jones.
The town-clerk during all the years of the war was Charles Williams.
The town-treasurer in 1861 and 1862 was Asa Stebbins; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, Elisha Wells.
1861. The first legal town-meeting, to act upon matters connected with the war, was held on the 2d of May, at which it was voted to choose a committee to raise volunteers for active military service.
Sixteen hundred dollars were appro