hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Daily Dispatch: May 13, 1862., [Electronic resource] 3 1 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 3 results in 2 document sections:

g their close, had several interviews with Lord the week previous to the , and there was much among outsiders as to what was in the additional proofs of the inefficiency in the arrival lately of from Charleston, are supposed to the business in hand. The Confederate Commissioner, moreover, was very with the editors of the London Times, and Morning Post, and, judging by the of the leaders of those journal speaking of recent Federal authorship of them may be clearly that source. Mason, I was added, money freely in giving "prince. " at his residents in Pica "Contrabands" Farm in New York letter men the following: contraband" was discovered, , in an alley this morning make a breakfast of some garbage an box on the sidewalk. Upon being , he said he was from Loudoun, and have to his home by a Massa soldier he would have plenty to eat and he got North. put him on the train for Phila when he reached the latter place and "friend" told him to "followin
ded the operations of our troops. In conclusion, let me state that all the Richmond troops acted with their usual and conspicuous bravery. The First Regiment Virginia Volunteers fought-gallantly, and suffered severely. You have already published a list of their casualties. The 1st company Richmond Howitzers, Captain E. S. McCarthy, were in the fight from morning till night, and managed their guns with great coolness, skill, and activity. The casualties in this company were two: Harry C. Townsend, wounded in the cheek, and Thomas L. Whiting, in the leg. They also lost several horses. The old "Fayette Artillery," Capt. Miles Mason, fought gallantly and well. They lost four men killed: Delaware Crafton, --Branch, --Smith, and --Back, and 11 wounded. The day was very wet, and heavy showers of rain every hour or two. On Monday night Gen. Johnston continued the retreat, begun on the Thursday before, and has not since been molested from the direction of Williamsburg. Potomac.